Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Next American Idol?


The lessons in satire continue. Today I gave the students a copy of "I Wanna Be a Popstar" a parody of the Nickelback song "I Wanna Be a Rockstar." Eighth hour, of course, heard that I sang a part of it to my fourth hour class and insisted that I do the same for them. So, in my raspiest, rock-stariest voice, I sang the first verse and the chorus.

Corrina, unbeknownst to me, of course, was video-taping me on her cell phone as I crooned away.

She said that I'd be up on her MySpace page by this afternoon. I was trapped. There was nothing I could do.

Sometimes I feel like I am satirizing myself. Or adulthood. Or that this teaching thing is all one big example of verbal irony.

I'm off to the school board meeting tonight. No more singing in public for now.

1 comment:

Stutelberg Family said...

Question...
Check out my link list...should the apostrophe go before or after the "s" in friends? Thanks, I may stay awake tonight thinking about this! I hope all is good with you.
Andi